You can call your trip in the following criteria
- The passenger has pre-planned a trip and his travel
- The passenger has made no prior arrangement and this is unplanned
- The passenger is out on the road and looking for a taxi service
Sometimes passengers may look for companions to share costs but have a rest during long trips
The main idea of taxi booking apps is to easily book a taxi in under 30 seconds. Like Uber and Ola it would be easy and convenient for a rider to connect with a driver through a mobile app.
Here’s how Taxi Booking Apps work
- Request – Passengers specify where they’re going, where they’d like to pick up and drop off passengers, and when
- Booking – Passengers look through the type of trips, cars, and book a ride
- Payment – Passengers pay in the app or cash when they get in the car
- Rating – Riders rate the trip and leave their reviews
If riders choose to pay via the app, the money goes to the drivers bank account from the time of payment within two days
Registration & Profile
For registration the user need to enter his phone number, email and then generate a password. Some apps also offer signing up through social media like facebook, Google or twitter and helps to save the time of user.
Book a Ride
Initially passengers enter their destination along with pickup point and then select a driver to take up the ride. Before starting a ride the rider will look for the cost. Drivers can view the booking requests and accept or reject them. Otherwise they can accept all requests that come to them automatically. When there is no ride available for a rider, he will get an alert saying that he will be notified as soon as a ride is available.
My Rides (Passenger/Driver)
Passengers see the number of rides they’ve completed and their details—date, destination, car, payment details—in the ‘archived’ tab
In ride-sharing app development, GPS is used to detect someone’s location. That’s how drivers can set exact pickup and drop off points, while riders can see their whole route
The app calculates the cost for each passenger based on their number and travel distance. This helps passengers to select the preferred mode of payment.
- Online – The app transfers money to PayPal or a bank account
- In cash – Riders pay in the car before or after the ride
Admin panel helps the administrators to manage users. They can search for an user, block them or check up an ID card, do payments, perform reviews, generate reports or view statistics
How to Monetize a Taxi Booking App?
Before you start creating a ridesharing app the first step would be to choose a monetization model. The most common are
- Paid advertising (users see third-party ads in the app)
- Reservation/cancellation fees for riders (passengers pay a small booking fee to confirm their intentions)
- Transaction fees for drivers
- Collecting a small service fee for every ride from passengers